Friday, July 28, 2006

30 hours of free time

School is almost done. I can't believe I've been doing this for two and a half years. Hell, I'm not even sure if it was worth it. I think I've learned a few things here and there, but the value is definitely in the people I have met and became friends with.

I don't think I buy into this concept of "networking" while in school. It seems so distant and impersonal. People toss it around like it's something of great value they have gained from this masters program. I'd like to be friends with people I go to school and work with, and from there, pursue future opportunities. I think anyone who "networked" with me will find that the connection only lasts as much as their sincerity. Pretentious unreal people...sigh.

Looks like after the exit project, I'll be recovering about 30 hours of free time a week. Some of that will go to sleeping. Not sure what to do with the rest. Everyone is buzzing about finding jobs, starting a business, investing, etc. etc. etc. I think I'll take a month to rest my brain, and then look for opportunities that interest me and devote my time to it.

It'll be fun. Will I stay where I am? Will I take a new job elsewhere? Will I partner with someone to do business? Investment? Import and export? I think I will have to be something that I enjoy doing. Part of the fun will be exploring what it is I really want to do.

So much idle time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home